Thursday, March 24, 2011

A new, forged of the old

I have came to this day,
As a new day,
A parting of the way.

Leaving the old
For the new.
A new, forged of the old.

For this day
Is born of yesterday.
Which was in its turn

Was begat by all the days
That passed before.
This coming after that.

And that leading to this.
Born a child,
Grown to a man.

A man with dreams
Whose plans always
Fell short of the dreams.

Time did show
That this is not
Always bad.

For if you shoot for the stars
And only reach the moon, You are
much higher then the ground.

Now I am to this place,
A place where it seems
I can find all I ever sought.

A man can only take
Himself so far, He need
A woman to make it complete.

An unshared life is no life at all.
But both must desire to share,
Or there is no sharing at all.

Now to this new day of which I spoke,
She looks to share as much
As I wish to share.

So like the Phoenix from its ashes
I take flight into her arms when I find her
Seeking the solace only she give so freely.

But not only in her comfort
But to the adventure we can have
Waiting for our taking.


To My Darling Hoped For One.

© Rexx


No comments: