Monday, September 20, 2010

His Image and Likeness

More times then not I find it hard to accept what I am not. For I would be that which I am not and striving to be that which I would, falling short time and time again. More kind, more forgiving, more perfect.

Sometimes it is no more then a dream, a concept. Yet other times almost achieved. But now it seems that I have came to this ends that I must begin again what it is I wish to be.

I, and only I, get to decide each step, but the path before me is laid by God or fate, and I only get to choice the choice placed before me. You came into my life through these words I send to the world, and the meaning is imparted are those that you choose to give them .

One, two, a hundred, or a thousand it matters not for I am me and you are you, if you exist. I know, “If I prick you, do you not bleed?” Well let me prick you and let us see. Are my words enough to bring forth anguish? Or must it be my slings and arrows?

I have lost myself inside of me time and time again. Have you not done the same, and go searching around inside of yourself to find you? You know you could be me, just another fascist. When you drop back deep within yourself do you not find a part that never changes? A part that is always the same, the part that picks and chooses, says yay or nay.

Its likes and dislikes that change, its attitude that changes, its understanding that changes, but the it that is I stays the same and always observing. From the time I was a child this has been true for me, and I believe that it is true for you as well. It is this in us that I believe to be the Breath of God, the part in which we carry His Image and Likeness.

No comments: