Tuesday, September 4, 2012

If I Could



I would
If I could
Do what I would.
But I can only that I can.
~
Wishes are not horses
And beggars don't ride,
Pigs can't fly
And frogs do bump their ass.
~
Still I ask you
Should drunks write,
Should lovers stay true?
What is right, and what is wrong?
~
Sometimes the hurt is
Beyond the pain
Where no pill can reach
No massage can touch.
~
If I could sing
I'd sing a song
But I cannot
Carry a tune in a bucket.
~
I would climb the highest mountain
But I have vertigo.
I would swim the widest ocean
But I cannot swim a lick.
~
But if I could do all that
Would it bring her back?
If she does not care
Why should I?
~
The best way they say
To get over a woman
Is to
Get on another one.
~
How can one bring to an end
To the endless
Except in a beginning
Of a new story?
~
O the lost
The poor lonely souls
Locked in solitude
Looking for a way out.
~
One is the loneliest number
One always wants to be two,
But the two have to match
Enough to become one.
~

©
Rexx

No comments: