Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Of all the billions



I am well aware of some of my limitations,
They are the ones I have bumped into time and time again.
Others, I am sure, just await my reaching them.
Some of my strengths I also know
I can figure things out.
Oh not everything
But enough.
I can work on the old cars,
But not the new.
I can change a tire,
But would rather not.
I am a good rough cut carpenter,
But not a finished one.
I can ride a horse,
But never make it 8 seconds on a bull.
If the toilet breaks
I can fix it,
But if the well goes out
I call for help.
I can hook up a new TV
But when it goes awry
I need a repairman.
But of all my years on earth
It understanding women
Where I am at my worst.
You think they will,
And they want.
You think they want,
And they do.
And seldom is the one you like
Is the one who likes you.
A lifetime of looking
Has just left me looking.
I have most of my teeth,
A lot of my hair,
And no beer gut.
Alas, I am at a loss,
I just what to have
And to hold
One who wants
To have and hold
Me,
Time and time again
I am told by women
 I know
(Already in a relation)
That they just can’t
Understand
Why I am alone.
To particular I reckon,
Either me
Or the women
I am attracted to.
There has to be one
Of all the billions
That is my match
And still not matched up.
I’ve had my eye on one,
For some time now.
I hope that it is
More than a maybe
Not just a possibility.
With two wives behind me
I do not want
Strike three.


©
Rexx

No comments: