Monday, August 13, 2012

Tell A Tale



Sometime I just have to tell a tale.
Sometimes I just have to sing a song.
It is nothing I did or didn’t do
It's just what is.
~
Memories come to mind
And paint their picture
Upon my demeanor
And direct my thoughts
~
Onto what should be left lie,
Like a sleeping dog
That may bite upon awaking,
Or maybe wag its tail.
~
Every tree has a tale
Every stone its say
The birds and the bees
And the ants in the ground
~
Well tonight I would like to tell
Of the gaining of wisdom,
Through many mistakes,
Hard earned.
~
What is it, you ask,
That I made me so wise?
Well, trial and error
Not much reason and logic.
~
And where, you might wonder,
Does my wisdom lie
Of what is it that I consider myself
So wise?
~
Only in one thing do lay this claim,
And that is my heart.
No, not the beating,
The pumping of life’s blood.
~
Rather the Love it holds
Is my area of expertise.
How it sends me out
Through my day.
~
How it guides my steps,
Sets my goals,
Puts me to sleep at night,
And wakes me in the morning.
~
Chooses the words of my prayers,
And deems what is important.
In my heart is the center
Of my world.
~
Patients is the wisdom
I have learned.
Love will come in its own time,
Or it will not come at all.
~
Like the story of two farmers
Who prayed for rain.
One went home and waited,
The other prepared his field, planted his crop.
~
Which one had faith?
I prepare my life to hold
My love in peace.
So when she may come
~
All will be ready for her.
Like the rain on the field
She will bring to fruition
My hopes and dreams.
~
My salvation is in Jesus
But my happiness is in her.
She is the other half
To which I cleave
~
Her face is hidden from me now,
I know not when she will come
So I continue getting ready
For the day she arrives.
~
For the day she can
Finish her own field
For the day she can
Complete her tasks.
~
And chose her path
That crosses my own
And we join in one way
On our way to join Jesus.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: