Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Do It Again?


Every now and then I remember way back when
And if I would have done that instead of this.

Then I realize that had I changed that
None of this could be.

Had I stayed in the Corps
I could have been killed,

And for sure I would not have met
The mother of my children.

That would have led to another world,
One without the ones I love dearest.

So a screw up leads to a great results?
Oh she is long gone now,

Another choice I made that maybe I shouldn’t?
That led to the three I love the most.

As I sit and contemplate how
I could have led my life better

They come up missing
Had I chosen a better way.

And had I choice the better way
Would it have been better?


Avoiding the mistakes I made
Would not preclude my having

Made other and worse mistakes.
Then comes the realization

That had I do it all over again
With the same experiences,

Information, hopes and dreads
I would have chosen the same way

No matter how many times I had
To repeat my life.

© Rexx

No comments: