Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Maybe she does


Confusion in the mind
With the face projection certainty
Acting like you know what you are doing
When you don’t have a clue

Hoping for an insight
As you go along.
Your feeling grow stronger
Breeding concern

Maybe she does
Maybe she doesn’t?
And in the meanwhile
Time marches on.

More time apart
Then together
Give the mind
Plenty of playtime.

Wondering this
And wondering that
Will the Us
Come to be

Or no item to appear.
Oh how I hope
But if wishes were horses
Beggars would ride


And frogs would have wings
So as not to
Bump their rear end
As they hopped on the ground


So wish as I as may
And wish as I might
And wishing with all my might
It is outside my hands

That she likes me enough
To be my girlfriend
That she likes me enough
To want to be side by side

I have offered all I can offer
I want what I want
And she wants what she wants
Those wants to have to intertwine

For there to be an us
The only prayer I make is
That God’s will be done
For as much as I want her

I do not want her
If she does not want me.
If she can take me as I am
As I take her as she is

Then maybe an Us is born.
It is the waiting to know
That brings the confusion
And knowing that brings peace

Does she
Or does she not?
The petals of the daisy
Have their say

Both sides of the fence
First one way, yay.
Then the other, nay.
One more prayer I make

Please woman
Tell me what to do.
Should I go
Or should I stay?

© 
Rexx

No comments: