Saturday, July 28, 2012

It is only dreams I get tonight.


Well I want to be something to her,
But it is hard to feel something
When you are treated like nothing.
What I want don’t count,
Only what she wants.
Well I would rather have none of it,
If all I can have is a little if it.
All I have is me to trade,
My time for her's.
But she has more time for others
Then she has for me,
So I would rather
Share no time
Until
I can have the Lion’s share.
What is the Lion’s share you ask?
Anything he wants is his share,
And that is the share of me
That I would give her.
Alas, it seems
She wants nothing from me
That she is willing to give
What I want.
So, all or nothing
Leaves me with nothing.
I have no power to coerce,
I only have hope that she
Will come to want me
As I want her.
Dream as I will
Dream as I might
It is only dreams I get tonight.
Why nothing as opposed to
Something, you ask?
It is just that having
Just a little
Leave a great hunger
For more.
While doing without
Keeps the hunger at bay.
So better nothing at all
Then to accept her crumbs.

©
Rexx

No comments: