Saturday, January 26, 2013

I Waited On God To Plow My Field


I waited on God to plow my field, it still lays fallen.
I waited on God to sow the seeds, I got weeds.
I waited on God to fix my roof, it still leaks.
Then I remembered that God only helps those who help themselves.

The laborer is worthy of his hire for a honest day’s work
On the docks, in the fields, or clerking.
But what of the banker who lends,
Why is his effort of so much more value?

What is money but a chit, a chit with trust?
A dollar bill or a credit card a promise to pay
This for that, and if you lend me this now
I will pay you then and something to boot.

I need seeds for the fields, fuel for the plow,
I will pay your rate for I need it now
For if I wait there will be no crops to harvest,
Nothing to sell, and no money for living.

 God only helps those who help themselves not on the Bible,
But Aeschylus in his play The Persians wrote,
 "Whenever a man makes haste, God too hastens with him."
 Benjamin Franklin used it in his almanac in 1736,

And Sophocles wrote, "No good e'er comes of leisure purposeless; 
And heaven ne’er helps the men who will not act." way back when,
And who has not heard, "Trust in God, but keep your powder dry"?
Does this conflicts with the Bible's view of God's of grace?

Should you wait on God to plow your field?
Should you wait God to sow the seeds?
Should you wait on God to fix your roof?
Does God's grace say He will do these things?

What say you?


No comments: