Thursday, January 24, 2013

You Have Your Stories And I have Mine



Ah my brother
You have your stories and I have mine,
And all we have between now and then is time.
Time to tell a tell; time to live another and another.

Concern for today drifts away in the telling
Not so far as to leave the mind entire
But no longer the burning fire
As the story told set aside what was compelling

Until the mind finds it rest
And the cares of the day return
To turn the mind into a churn
Looking for the good enough, if not the best.

Tells of the child that once was, now long gone
Memories retold of how that was so
Stories of ghosts, and how cold the wind used to blow
And remember back when the days used to drag on and on?

Life lived, edited to stories line by line, word by word
You have your stories and I have mine,
And all we have between now and then is time.
Alas I feel most of the words I utter will go unheard.


©
Rexx

No comments: