Monday, January 7, 2013

Lost




Lost
Again I come to a blank state
No words come to mind
Words to ease
Words to sooth
Nothing
~
Lost in confusion
Lost in disappointment
Lost in sorrow
Lost in pain
Lost
~
As great is my pain
She is so much more
My confusion cannot
Compared to her
Panic
~
What she has long for
For so long
In her life
Is coming
Death
~
Years ago she was told
It was starting to eat
At her being
Fix it now or
Die
~
She had bought into
That old cliché
Life was over
When you are forty
Forty
~
Now she knows
That life can
Just begin
At forty not
End
~
But too late
The change of heart
To late the desire
To late the wish to
Live
~
Left with a little time
Time to regret
Time to make amends
So little time to make peace
Left
~
But my time
Is yet to be defined
My life stretches ahead
To and unknown
End
~
I lived most of my
Life without her
And will have to
Live the rest without
Her
~
But my life
Can never be the same
I cannot ever again
Dream that
Dream
~
Sadness smote me
Confusion racks me
Pain embraces me
Peace eludes
Me
~
So I come to this state of mind
No though can ease
No words can help
Me to bear the
Unbearable
~

©
Rexx

No comments: