Wednesday, July 7, 2010

As I Look To Find

As I look to find
I get lost’er in time.
I need to cling,
I need to hold,
But all is outside my reach.
~
To have and to hold,
To want and be wanted,
Seems to be alive
Only in my wishes
And dreams.
~
Those that would have me
I will not have,
And whom I would have
Cannot have me
Under my terms.
~
Looking to let go.
Need to be turned loose
Like Hank sung
“Take these chains from my heart
And set me free”
~
Here it is another New Year’s Eve
And “I am so lonesome I could cry”
She lit my sky
Like a falling star
And then she was gone.
~
Well did she love you?
Yes she did, but she was
Too young to leave
Her Daddy,
And home she has to stay.
~
Oh girl, keep piling on a horse
And it reaches a point
That it only takes
A straw
To break its back.
~
How long? How long?
Can I go on
Being alone?
I think I must move along.
And look to find.
~
Find peace of mind
Find a time
When I can lay my head
And not think of her
Where I can wake not missing her.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: