Thursday, July 8, 2010

Once Up On A Time

My head has been humbled and bowed more times then I can recount. I have won a great many of my fights, but have lost more then I care to admit. I have fought the fight I though I was right, only to find out I was wrong more then any man should. Then again, I have given up way to soon on a cause that was just, just because the fight got to hard. I have learned to pick my fights, to back away from the trivial, and to insure I am right, and to hold to the just cause till death, I hope! But then, who knows, I will have to fight the fight to see.

I have love and been loved. I have loved those who did not love me, and been loved by those I did not love. I have even, one time anyway, been in love with one who loved me. I dream of a love that will love me, and want to be with me more then anything else in her life. It seems not mine to hold other then in a dream, it seems a wishing life is the life I will live.

When the time come for me to give up the ghost if I am asked did I pine? My whole live long I have, I will be forced to admit. She visited me once, stayed a time and was gone and ever since I have longed. Once upon a time she was mine, now all I can do is dream of a future time. Time heals all wounds, I am told again and again. But then, I also know that a broken heart cannot tell time.

~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: