Monday, July 5, 2010

Revenge

Time and time again
I have let the time slip by.
Time to say a kind word,
Time to forget a wrong.
But I kept quite,
And I hung on
And let the hurt fester.
Fester and grow.
Till it was so ingrain
I could not let go.
~
Time and time again
And again I have come
To know the right,
But chose the wrong
Because I cannot forget
The pain that was wrought.
So in the back of my mind
I plot and plan and wait for the day
That I can repay the debt,
And give the pain back.
~
“Forgive that ye may be forgiven”,
Easy words to say,
But the doing sticks in the craw,
And chokes the forgiving to death
Leaving me in my detestation to wallow,
And dream of the day
I can extract my revenge.
Though God said it was His,
I will not give it up
And will strike a mighty blow.
~
I want the world to know
You don’t fuck with me!
For if you do there is a price to pay.
It may take years,
But I will find a way,
And when that way is found
Like an avenging angel
I will swoop down,
And give back tenfold
What it was you did unto me.
~
“Eye for and eye”, Sound harsh to you?
If you put my eye out I will take your head off!
Much better for you
If the Lord takes your eye
Then it fall to me to take your head.
Think about this as you go about
Lying, steeling, and cheating
For I lie in every man,
And it only by the Grace of God
That I lie still and do not come out.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: