Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dreamers

Lost in a daydream
I wonder through life.
Maybe no more then a pipedream
But I dream of a wife.
~
A wife who will adore me,
Who will forsake all others,
And stand beside me in glee.
Looks to me as the source of her succors.
~
When times go bad
And the storms rage overhead
She want think of running to Dad
But will look to be by my side instead.
~
I dream of a home
That will be where we are.
No mater if we roam,
Or if we live near or afar.
~
If we live in a hovel,
Or in a ranch house
Let where we are be our bethel
Just let us be espoused.
~
Then let us be wed
In love and in lust,
Let us share our bed
In the deepest of trust.
~
I live through the day
In hope of a day to come
That will completely change my way
As Eve changed Adam’s
~
Thought hard work she brought
And sweat to his brow
For all he might wrought.
What she took was far less then she allowed.
~
My wife must leave her garden
And put her trust in me,
That I can shoo the hobgoblins
And banishes the banshees
~
If I should surrender all
And move to her
Would I not become her thrall?
With this I did dicker
~
But let her be a Salisbury steak
Let us build a life together
Let us redo and remake
All of our failures.
~
With each try we have failed
That failure brought us
Closter to what we want unveiled
That which is ageless,
~
Two lives shared,
In love and in lust
Letting all be bared
Between me and my truest.
~
Until then I wonder
Until then I await
For her to stop being a dreamer
And to follow what her heart dictates.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: