Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Just And The Unjust

He abused me
So I shot him
As he lay sleeping
Insanity made me do it.
~
She left me for another man
I found then in my bed
I shot them both dead
Jealousy made me do it.
~
I was strung out
I needed another rock
I shot him for what was in his pockets
Drugs made me do it.
~
I was poor and could not
Afford to buy a watch like that
So I hit him on the head
Avarice made me do it.
~
I just love to drink
I had to get home from the bar
I killed them with my car
The alcohol made me do it.
~
I wanted to be respected in the gang
I killed him in front
Of them all
Pear pressure made me do it.
~
I had a rotten childhood
My parents deserved
The bullets in their heads
My parents made me do it.
~
The Devil goes by many names
His demons are legions:
Insanity, greed, covetousness,
Power, are to only name a few.
~
His main tool he gives you
Is deceit.
He lets you lie to yourself
He lets you believe you are right
~
That which is born
Dies.
No explanation point
Just a period.
~
Whether it goes
With a whimper
Or a bang,
It goes.
~
Death comes to the just
And to the unjust.
To the kind
And to the cruel.
~
Alas, all good things must pass,
But blessed be,
So must all the bad.
No matter what
~
This too shall pass.
The old to make way
For the new
The new to become old.
~
There is nothing
New Under the sun
As the Preacher said
So long ago.
~
You cannot have
Your cake and eat it too.
To live the day
You must let it go on its way.
~
If you try to cage the wind
Sadly you will find
You can only keep still air.
A breeze must be on its way.
~
To make a cake
You must break the eggs.
To be on your own
You must leave home.
~
If it comes,
It will come to pass.
Know that nothing lasts
Beyond its appointed time.
~
True it is
That your reach
Should exceed
Your grasp,
~
But it is so unrealistic
To believe that you
Will grasp everything
You reach for.
~
And many times you will find
Before you can reach for this
You will have to let go of that.
As you change and redefine
~
What it is
That you are.
You can be lucky
Or you can be wise,
~
For it is through mistakes
That wisdom can be found,
And if you are so lucky
As to never make mistakes
~
It is just a lucky fool
You will find yourself to be.
And if you do not learn
From your mistakes
~
You will find that
You are naught
But an unlucky fool
Trapped in making the same
~
Mistakes time and time again
Until you learn
A way to avoid them
And choosing a different way.
~
But if you take too much to heart
The adage
“Look before you leap”
You just might find
~
“That he who hesitates is lost”
It is a balance
You must find between
Impetuousness and prudence.
~
Enjoy the good,
Knowing that it must leave.
Endure the bad
Knowing that it also must leave.
~
If naught else
Death will take
It away.
And in the grave
~
There is no joy
No sadness or hope,
Neither tears nor laughter,
Not even the resurrection is know
~
Until it comes
At the end of time.
Until that day
Life is for living
~
Live each day as
Full as you can.
And this advice I freely give
Please look to find
~
As much pleasure as you can
In the mundane,
For it is in the prosaic
That you spend most of your time.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: