Thursday, July 8, 2010

She Was Back But Now Gone

She is back and the light has returned to my world.
I will not explain her absent,
Only will say that I am satisfied that she is back
For good and the problems she had to confront are resolved.
That does not mean that we do not have anything left to work out,
For we do, but they are all logistical.

Like a sweet dream that lingers past waking
Thoughts of her clung to my mind
Like a magic carpet taking
Me through the day, only to find
Another dream, another dream of love
Of love unending, with no beginning
Oh how I longed for her,
Oh how I needed her
Now she walks by my side
Along the path set before us
A path into the future
A future unknown except
For the fact that we are
To walk it together!

That future turned dark
As her time by my side
Lasted only a while
And she was gone again
Running with the demons
That has driving her life
From childhood on.
Incest and rape
That turned her to drink
To escape.

At first it was a reward
For good head as a child,
Then she found the relief it gave.
To go along with the drinking
She developed different personalities
That took on a life of their own
Some unknown to the others.
One for control, the Bitch,
One for defense, the Little Girl,
One for sex, the Slut
One for everyday living, R.
Over time she brought
Each out to me.

I could love them all
Except for the Bitch
That is the one who would
Curse me, hit me,
And smash up the house and car.
We could have had
A happy life
Without the Bitch.
Now all are gone
Leaving me memories
Good and bad.


©Rexx

No comments: