Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dreams Lived

Now it has came to me to have this to say,
So come to me and lend me your ears
Let me fulfill my destiny.
~
Dreamed and foretold by me
That the day would come
When words of wisdom
~
Mixed with entertainment
From my mind would tell
A story well worth hearing.
~
I saw myself back then,
Even though I could
Hardly spell a word,
~
A wordsmith crafting
My tell with pin and paper,
But it was the computer
~
That brought the dream alive.
What with its spell check
And grammar checking ability
~
I only have to get close
For it to suggest
My way home.
~
I lived a lifetime
Not just learning the words,
But the feeling that
~
Brought them to life
With the color of my past
Breathing in the pain and pleasure
~
Hinting at the boredom
And despair
Like light and darkness
~
Bring forth not only
All shade of gray
But the rainbow
~
That is spread before us
Every time there is a storm
Repeating to us a promise
~
That I paint in words
And throw to the winds
Of the Internet.
~
Like petals of my mind
Carrying some seeds
That just may find
~
Some lodgment
In another mind
And sprout and grow
~
Way beyond
The dream I held
When I spew them forth.
~
Ah, the audacity
Of my dream
That another could find
~
Wisdom or entertainment
Within any words of mine,
For I see the great
~
Talents spread before me
With their works
Sold in books
~
Put into the movies,
And shown on TV
Every day of my life.
~
How daunting it seem
That I could
In any way compare
~
But in the most
Unfavorable light
Of those bright stars.
~
But yet I am driven
To try,
To string my words
~
Into what poems,
Stories, and instructions
As my mind can conceive
~
And sent them out to find
What audience they may
Even though it may be
~
Naught more then
Whistling by the graveyard
As I make my way to the grave.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: