Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Look For You

I have spent my life looking for you,
What you look like I don’t have a clue.
~
I just know my heart will stir
And it will render
~
Me into your power
And cut loose my anchor.
~
I will be adrift
In a current running swift
~
With hope of expectation realized
Of a dream come true.
~
All the places I have looked for you
My search has always been true.
~
I have seen you time and time again
A long blond here, and then
~
As a short redhead there,
Some times near, sometimes afar.
~
Shot and tall, week and strong,
Short hair, and long
~
Beautiful blue eyes
Lovely green, brown, and hazel eyes
~
You have gazed at me
So many time, but saw me rarely.
~
There you sit now
My whole being just shouted, “WOW“!
~
But I turn, and you are gone
Leaving with no more then a yawn.
~
I have to believe
That in time we will cleave
~
One to the other
As we become each other’s anchor.
~
Weave together as one
As we reveal what is hidden.
~
The search has been so very long
But my need so very strong
~
I look as hard as I did when I first begun
And though the outcome is not certain
~
My hope is eternal
I just wish you would stop hiding so skilful!
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: