Thursday, July 8, 2010

I Do Get Over Her

Just wondering though
The twist and turns
Of an attempt
To understand.
~
To understand why
Thing have turned the
Way they did
To bring about today.
~
With the sun rise
I arose this morning
As along as the sun in the sky
I turned to face the day.
~
Oh the sun has its planets,
And I have friends
And animals that love me,
But like the sun.
~
Like the sun I remained
The center of my universe,
No other star to share
My space.
~
Out, around, and about
Stars fly, a who galaxy full,
But oh so far away.
And galaxies upon galaxies,
~
Oh so very few,
Such a very few binary systems
That come together
To hold,
~
To hold together
As one.
Oh what magic have they found
That makes them cling.
~
Collisions, lot and lots,
I see
Galaxies passing through galaxies
Stars colliding.
~
Ricochets, rebounds, near misses
I see all the time.
But a sure thing?
I sure hope so.
~
They ask me,
“Why are you alone?”
There is a woman who loves me!
Then where is she at?
~
I respond, “She has gone away.”
“Are you sure she loves you“, they ask.
“Yes,
As sure as the grass is green, and the sky is blue.”
~
“Go away, cannot you see
That I am sad?”
But they insist,
“You have to get over her!”
~
“I do get over her”
“When“, they ask.
“When I mount a horse and ride,
When I pick up a hammer and saw and build.”
~
But when I lie abed. ..
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: