Wednesday, July 7, 2010

To Build A Rapport

She was full of herself
A three-year-old filly
Her pride humbled myself
Past thinking it would be easy.
~
To build a rapport
I would go through
Every step in my repertoire
Until my will is imbued
~
Upon her own
To surrender her control
And reconcile and atone
But first I must cajole.
~
The way to her heart
Is through her feet.
Direction and speed I must impart
To rest will be her only treat.
~
Through blazing eyes
She looks at me
As though to advise
I am not your doxy!
~
Across the corral she stares
And her stance shouts
Fools I do not forbear
Of this there should be no doubts.
~
Slipping my whip to the ground
She begins to run
Around and around
To escape this horseman.
~
But as hard as she ran
I stayed by her side.
She did not recognize my plan
That I just had to abide
~
Until she found out
I could keep it up
Until she was worn-out
And had to give up.
~
At first, she ran like the wind
Head held as high as the sky.
Looking my way with ears pinned
Before giving up, she would rather die.
~
In her mind she was running a strait line
Running just as fast as she could,
But by my design
A round corral, planks of wood
~
Put me right in the center of her world
Where no amount of flight
No matter how fast she hurled
I stayed right there to excite
~
To pick the speed and direction
She had to go.
Until her fear was deaden
And she let her head hang low.
~
At first licking her lips,
Then holding her nose just above the ground
I lay down the whip
And she walks to me unbound.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: