Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Limitation.

Sometimes
I crash so hard
Into
My limitation.
~
My ability to comprehend
And understand
Only
Goes so far.
~
To understand that
You can know
No more
About this or that,
~
No matter how much
It is explained
Brings to me
A great frustration.
~
My abilities in Trigonometry
Stopped with identities.
In algebra it stopped
Somewhere in factoring.
~
I just cannot see into
Them but a little ways.
I understand the concept
But lose my way.
~
I cannot remember
A song,
So I cannot sing
Even if I could carry a note.
~
I read and study
Many things
But the things I remember
Seems to pick themselves.
~
My life in the mundane
I sometimes seems
To drown in
The minutia.
~
Functional
But nothing special.
I can read a bus schedule
And put together a kid’s toy
~
I understand Einstein’s General
And Special Theory
But cannot apply
It to anything.
~
I know how an
Automobile works
But cannot fix one
Younger then 20 years old.
~
I can replace a water pump
But cannot rewind its motor.
Though I understand electronics
From Ohm to Volta.
~

So here I am
As independent as
I like to think myself
To Be I am mightily dependent.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: