Wednesday, July 7, 2010

At Least To A Few

Here in the late of the evening
All chores done, horses fed
And the dogs laying at my feet
My thought turn to what might have been.
And to memories of what was.
In the twilight of now
Neither past nor future
Between what was and what will be,
But all we ever have
Comes to go
In the fleeting present.
I remember the dream I dreamt,
At least some of them.
Enough to know that many
Woke to the reality
Of a bad slept night.
Never did I dream of what has came,
Though plans I have made.
Some of which came to pass,
And others I still work for fruition
With the full knowledge
That this very night my soul
May be required of me.
The night grows deeper
And the dogs stir in their restlessness,
And I fall deeper into
My contemplation between
What I had wished and what I have gotten.
To get from here to there
There must be a way,
And the only way I can see
Is blocked by won’ts and can’ts.
When the won’t is bound by a can’t
And the can’t held by a won’t
The wish goes looking for a well.
Maybe a coin will be dropped
And a path will open up.
Lotto’s are won and dreams come true,
At least to a few.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: