Thursday, July 8, 2010

Remberance:

I remember these words I wrote the when she left:
This is my vow, my promise, my oath;
I will be yours till the end of time.
Always together I prayed for us both
But you chose to follow another sign.

Better they say, “to have loved and lost
Then to never have loved at all“.
But they, I am sure, have not born the cost
For unrequited the heart still calls.

Calls to the love and clings to the memory
Of the dream that was born of the love
But relegated to no more then history
And left to feel the cold, hard shove

Of reality as you chose your path
And left me to walk mine alone.
Of the plans we made I’ll make last
And this place, a place you can belong

Don’t greave for me for I know
Life does not come with guarantee.
No warranty that I would be your beau
With you when you first came to visit me.

Taking my chances put my heart on the table
And offered you all that I was or ever would be.
But I came up short with what I was able
To offer, but I gave it all until I was left empty.

Maybe time will heal this wound
But unless you come and put on the assuagement
I feel that for the rest of my life I am bound
To carry the burden of this torment.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: