Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wait And See

I would climb the highest mountain,
But then I would want to come down.
I would cross the widest sea,
But I would not want to live there.
I would swim the raging river,
But I would want to carry her home.
I love her beyond all things,
Except the thing she wants.
I cannot trade what took me a lifetime to achieve,
A place I call home, a place I belong.
To throw it all away
When it is here for her to stay.
No understanding will give me light
To see why this must be.
“Better to have played and lost
Then never to have played at all”, they say,
But no game carries no pain
Even if it delivers no joy.
The hours while by,
And a new day may come.
But now I will climb no mountain, cross no sea,
Will not brave the raging river,
I will just wait here and see.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: