Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Come to Pass

I have come to this pass
Where I have to take
That path or that,
Stay where I am,
Or go back.
No one can choose for me.
~
The Devil
Is behind me
Wanting me to
Burn in Hell,
I can’t go back.
~
And I cannot
Stay where I am,
Salvation is ahead,
Or damnation,
What guide can I trust?
~
Oh, but which path?
If there were but one way
I could so easily choose,
But diverse are the ways from here.
~
Karma says,
“I can work my way”
With good deeds
And right intention.
Just do unto others.
~
But then again
The road to Hell
Is said to be paved
With good intentions,
Or so I have been told.
~
Jesus says,
“I am the way”,
That God gave His
Only begotten Son
For the salvation of all.
~
But the preacher says
I will burn in hell if
I fornicate, commit adultery,
Abuse myself, or be a homo.
He cuts me no slack!
~
I am guilty of three of the four
But then Jesus said,
“Who so ever shall believe upon me,
And profess my name before men”,
Is there a disparity here?
~
Paul said, “by faith alone
Lest any should boast”
But James said,
“Faith without works
Is dead”
~
So which is it?
Do I work my own salvation
By believing,
And create my own damnation
By doubting?
~
If I believe and profess
His name before men
Must I also
Do good works to earn
My salvation?
~
If anything at all
Is required of me
To receive my salvation
Can it be
Of Grace?
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: