Thursday, July 8, 2010

On My Way

I am on my way
To a better day
The night has came
To take this one away.
~
I know that tomorrow
Has to be a better day
For today is as bad
A day I’ve had in many a day.
~
Sick and dejected
After being rejected
I came to my bottle
And found its bottom.
~
Still deep in remorse
To drunk to drive
But not drunk enough
To drown the sting.
~
So I walked to the store
Just a mile away
Bought a case of beer
And drank it on the way home.
~
Two cans down
By the time I get back
And another four
In short order.
~
I hope that before the time
The rest is gone
I will find oblivion
And be able to forget.
~
To forget, at lest for the night
How bad it hurt
How bad it still hurts
All the dreams and anticipation,
~
That died with her decision
To find a life without me,
And leave me to my
Own devices.
~
So I am on my way
To a better day
Just as soon as I
Can forget.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: