Wednesday, July 7, 2010

If It Does Not Kill Us



Have you ever wanted to,
But just can’t?
The desire would come to you,
But ever effort you take, you recant.
~
Walk to the phone, go get in the car,
Sit there contemplating
Then turn around and go play the guitar,
Or maybe boozing instead.
~
Some times when I want to do this
Or maybe that
It is my wont to remiss
And a non-starter being my where at.
~
Some days it is just better to hide,
Find a hole and climb in.
No effort can I abide,
Each attempt sends me in a spin.
~
No reason for the funk,
Other then what built day by day,
Just a lot of pilled up junk
That leaves you wanting to stay out of the fray.
~
"I just don’t give a shit",
Are the words that come to mind,
Though I might not admit,
When asked to explain my resign.
~
Happily am I to report to you
My dear friends, that this is a state
That I normally eschew,
So please do not give this much weight,
~
And it is a place, I am sure,
That you know as well as I.
Sometimes it has its allure
And to it, like a moth to a flame, we fly.
~
If it does not kill us,
Well you know the rest of that line.
Bullshit, for in the end we are all dust,
It is in our design.

~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: