Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heartbeat

The different between
Then and how?
A heartbeat
And then she was gone.
~
I was looking in her eyes
And saw the light
That said, “I know you are there.”
And then she was gone.
~
The time between
Then and now
Never ending in my mind, but
A heartbeat and then she was gone.
~
Things stay the same
Until they change
And then in a heartbeat
They can be gone.
~
A heart will beat
Until it doesn’t
Then, though the body is there
They are gone.
~
Gone where?
An answer we hope
That we know
Where they have gone.
~
One heartbeat
She was here
Then it beat no more,
And she was gone.
~
No gnashing or whaling,
No screaming or crying,
No remorse or grieving
Will change her being gone.
~
This side of the resurrection
Nothing will make her heart beat,
No cursing or praying will bring
Her back from whence she has gone.
~
The time between her
Being here and not
Was just a heartbeat
Before she was gone.
~
Now my heart will beat
Until it does not
I will greave her passing
Until I am gone.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: