Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chasing the Wind


Hello my friend, I am just back in.
I was out chasing the wind.
No I did not catch it,
But I was riding with it.
~
We, my horse and I,
Thought we had it,
But when we pulled up
It was gone.
~
It had left,
Leaving a still.
Not even a breeze
To cool our sweat.
~
We walked in wonder
Of a day so fine.
There is nothing finer
Then a horse eager to please
~
And a day the Lord
Has given to ride.
Just the Horse and me
Out worshiping our God.
~
To cool our brow and flank
We step up to the trot.
Making our own wind
Our sweat dries away.
~
And slowly we come back to a walk
And again wonder at
All the Lord had made,
And how He brought it to today.
~
No finer company can a man keep
Then to be with such a beast
As the horse has become.
So willing to give his all.
~
He works for hay and feed.
Clean water to quench his thirst
Is all he asks
At the end of the ride.
~
He has come to love his job
Companion of man.
He gives his heart and soul
To please his rider.
~
Spend his life in a stall if asked
Run in a small paddock
If required
But I will not!
~
I will give him all the room I can
Feed him as best I able
Do for him what is right
Not just what he likes.
~
I demand far beyond
What he would ask of himself.
In return I will learn his ways
And keep him in his health.
~
So we can again
Go chasing the wind
Again work his sweat to a lather,
And again worship together.
~
~
~
©
Rexx

No comments: